Sunday, June 27, 2010

Smart Traffic Devices

« on: June 27, 2010, 11:07:55 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi everyone -

I live in Massachusetts and travel to Boston and Providence, RI occassionally. Well, I have noticed over the past two years these new towers on the Mass Turnpike I-90 and on Rt 146. Would love your thoughts about exactly what they are. They are powered by Solar Panels and have two small beige boxes on the pole. Each box is angled toward the travel lanes on the highways. They are spaced regularly about every 1/4 mile along the highways. They are NOT cameras (as far as I can tell) as the boxes do NOT have a lens or hole for a lens. I suspect they are monitoring devices that would allow the Govt. to identify your vehicle by RFID or something along those lines. Embarrassed

Photos:


Original Photos:
Photo 1, Photo 2, Photo 3, Photo 4, Photo 5, Photo 6, Photo 7, Video 1

No comments:

Post a Comment